The last few months have been filled with independence for Gabe. He loves doing things himself. He is such a little man these days. Part of this independence is feeding himself. For me it has been hard because I hate messes (or I hate cleaning them up), but I have had to forget about the mess and let the man do his thing. It's been a few months since he will even attempt to let us help him, thus my meal time anxiety is thankfully down to a minimum. Here is a glimpse of some of the messes he has been making over the last few months.

Gabe on a good day.


Gabe Saying "mama Dirty" ,as he points out the obvious mess he has made of his favorite breakfast food, Oatmeal... He hates being messy too.

Eating out with Gabe on our trip to Park City.


2 comments:
You totally need to invest in a plastic IKEA or BabyBjorn bib that is easy wash off and it catches all! I had a hard time with messes and letting Connor feed himself. It wasn't until Ashley that I changed...your way ahead of me.
I am such a bad mom when it comes to feeding. There are times I still feed Mason and he is almost 4. I can tell some of my sister-in-laws think I'm crazy, but when we are out for dinner or at a get together, I'd rather not deal with spilled milk.
Hope you have fun in So. Carolina. It was so fun to see you at the reunion! I am going to call Kristi soon to see if we can plan a get together in the next few weeks.
Post a Comment