Ever since Gabe was born I have had the desire to learn how to sew. I wanted to do this for many reasons, but mostly so that I could make him and my future children their blankets. I finally got the chance a couple weeks ago to do so. It took me many fabric stores to find exactly what I wanted. Thus, it has taken me several months to finish the task. Well, I did it! But, I didn't do it alone. I had the help of Garrett's step- mom and step-sister. They are both incredible seamstresses and have many years of experience. I couldn't have made the boys these matching blankets without their help. Thank you Ruthann and Brooke. You guys are amazing! Now only 4 more days until we can officially use both of them.
Monday, September 8, 2008
My attempt at domesticity!
Ever since Gabe was born I have had the desire to learn how to sew. I wanted to do this for many reasons, but mostly so that I could make him and my future children their blankets. I finally got the chance a couple weeks ago to do so. It took me many fabric stores to find exactly what I wanted. Thus, it has taken me several months to finish the task. Well, I did it! But, I didn't do it alone. I had the help of Garrett's step- mom and step-sister. They are both incredible seamstresses and have many years of experience. I couldn't have made the boys these matching blankets without their help. Thank you Ruthann and Brooke. You guys are amazing! Now only 4 more days until we can officially use both of them.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




4 comments:
Great job! They are darling. Good luck with the birth. Are you going to the mission reunion?
So cute. I just love boys! You're going to do great.
Those are absolutely gorgeous!
(Hi, I'm Garrett's cousin Steph, his uncle Brent's daughter. I like reading your blog and getting to know you and him better through it. I hope one day to meet and get to know you (and him...and all y'all!) :))
WAY CUTE!! We have similar tastes...that's what I want to do for my boys' room! Hang in there and good luck on the delivery!!
Post a Comment